Skip to main content

TEN Questions with Sharmaine Anna Dobson.

1. Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "FROM THE SHADOWS OF MY SOUL."
Answer - My name is Sharmaine Dobson, and I am an, Author, Poet, Counsellor and Minister of the Gospel. 
From the Shadows of my Soul is a deeply person dive into the stories that I hear, within my profession.  I have taken these, and like the birds that fly away with the words giving them freedom, I have released these stories into poems and testimonies (with permission of course).
2. When did you get the thoughts of writing this book? I read the book and I loved it, your writing style is commendable. You are amazing.
Answer - You flatter me, thank you!  Words dance in my head all day and I can be anywhere when they demand to be released onto paper. This book, as well as my other two, seem to have a life of their own. Some, like Georges World, are executed in a day; Shadows took a lot longer.
 
3. What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?
Answer - Research can take a year.  I speak to many people get half stories, whole stories and then sit prayerfully to see which ones to use.  I always thank everyone and their gift is a book.  I am currently researching Whispers in the Storm.  I have begun with the devotional and rely on the Holy Spirit to guide me.  I will tell you a secret, a lot of my writing is on napkins and little notebooks, so for example Karen (who will be in the new book) is already surfacing in one of my little books!
 
4. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
Answer - Hmm good question. Two things were surprising:
The ease with which Sparklemoon published my books, worked with me and did not demand of me what I could not give.
That you my precious readers have read my book.  On Sunday morning a precious woman told me that her and her husband sat through the night, read the poems and stories and were riveted. Thank you, readers from the bottom of my heart you are simply amazing.
 
5. Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book?
Answer - This I have been asked by my publisher and honestly, I am never sure. I guess they have a scarlet thread that connects them, but I am proud to say I believe they are a bit different every time.
 
6. What was an early experience where you learned that language had power?
Answer - As a child, books were my friends; they captivated me, taught me about language, travel and dreams.  I have always scribbled.
 
7. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
Answer - Well, they say beautiful things - I would love to hear from more of them! Hearing that one story or poem impacted someone’s life, makes that so worthwhile.
 
8. How would you express your journey as an Author?
Answer - My journey as an author has at times been fraught with heartache and tears. It is getting better.
 
9. What other things do you love than this writing?
Answer - Stories, art, seeing people succeed.  For example, this year I am helping someone else write their book.  I love fireplaces, snow and strong wing.  My eclectic garden filled in a small space with flowers and fruit trees in-between.  I love the sea and mountains but most of all and never last, I love God - He completes me and fills my life.
 
10. And last, What advice do you have for writers?
 
Answer - Never ever, ever give up.  Search until you find a Sandi Wilson, a Sparklemoon Publishing, carry on writing no matter what the world says. God has a plan for you that you cannot even imagine!!

Thankyou for the opportunity and the book, you guys should definitely give this a read.

Book review link- Click here!

Link to buy this Book - Click here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEN Questions with Melissa Reeves

1. Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "And Then I Laughed" Answer:  My name is Melissa and I am a single widow of four young children who are my reason for everything I do. I love being creative and have loved to write since a young age. Introducing myself feels strange right now. I am still in the process of rediscovering who I am in the midst of being a widow and a mother, a journey I think all mothers face. I am much more interested in the company I keep than where I want to be. It doesn't matter where I go, as long as I am around people I love. I spent many years traveling, being very mobile and sometimes homeless so I enjoy my little house and the stability and coziness it gives my family. Maybe one day I will be open to exploring again, but for now I am enjoying the calm of four walls.  2. When did you get the thoughts of writing this book?  Answer:  This book, And Then I Laughed, is the culmination of a y

An Aunt's Animal Alphabet by Hailey Kathleen Hall

BOOK: An Aunt's Animal Alphabet AUTHOR: Hailey Kathleen Hall *My Ratings* : 4.3/5 ⭐  "An Aunt's Animal Alphabet" is a beautiful illustrated book by Hailey Kathleen Hall to help your children learn the English alphabet and identify animals around us . From the small hardworking ant to the playful puppy in the park, Through this book kids will get to know about different animals and their nature .This book has all elements from impressive hand_drawn illustrations to the catchy nursery rhymes. Parents and grandparents alike can have a great time reading this book with their loved ones.The beautiful illustrations will delight young children . Attractive images and large labels at each page help the child seek the animals faster. I must say that it is the most creative children's book that I have seen.Making it one that you and your child want to read again and again . Buy An Aunt's Animal Alphabet for your children to explore the world of animals! Avai

Stop being a Maggu! by Avinash Agarwal

BOOK: Stop being a Maggu! AUTHOR: Avinash Agarwal  *My Ratings* : 4.5/5 ⭐ Stop being a Maggu! By Avinash Agarwal is a book that through a sweet and sour story of a student and through the story the author tries to teach us the correct way to study and motivate students.  The story is about Abhyas, a student coming from a middle class family and being a single child carrying all the dreams and hopes of his family on his shoulders. He shifts to Kota, gets admission in the best coaching center and hopes to crack JEE and get into an IIT. But just getting into good coaching is not sufficient, he faces a lot of issues there and from being a topper to failing his first reshuffling test he goes through a lot.  His friends Lakshya, Ananya and Chunky help him out and specially Abhimanyu Bhaiya becomes his mentor and guides him to the correct way of studying and through their help he tries to excel. Will he be able to do this? Will he be able to match up to his and his parent's ex