Skip to main content

𝗝𝗲𝘀𝘂𝘀 𝗜𝗻 𝗠𝘆 𝗖𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗲𝗿 by 𝗔𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗙𝗹𝘂𝘁𝗲

𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 : 𝗝𝗲𝘀𝘂𝘀 𝗜𝗻 𝗠𝘆 𝗖𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗲𝗿
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥 : 𝗔𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗙𝗹𝘂𝘁𝗲

*𝗠𝘆 𝗥𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴* : 𝟰.𝟳/𝟱 ⭐

Readers join the author, Andy Flute, in his autobiographical narration of his struggle with alcoholism, drugs and depression to being a "born-again Christian" as he is baptised and finds a newfound identity for himself through Jesus. Andy shows true vulnerability and authenticity of himself in this book. 

 Andy Flute begins his story with a reference to his boxing history which led him to be the captain of the English boxing team as well. However, his lifestyle drifted down the drain when he starts getting into intoxications and medicinal abuses, even landing him in prison. He tells his story and shares his deepest and darkest stages of life that led him to be drawn to the gospel of Jesus even more.He cried out to Jesus in this time of need and got the strength to fight against his own inmer demons with Jesus in his corner of the 'boxing ring of life'. He is now a motivational speaker and helps people struggling with alcohol/drug addiction and prison inmates. 

This book can be a motivational/self-help read for anyone at all. Everyone is fighting their own battles in our own boxing rings of life and we need a book like this to help us win our inner fights everyday.

Link to buy this Book - Click here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEN Questions with Melissa Reeves

1. Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "And Then I Laughed" Answer:  My name is Melissa and I am a single widow of four young children who are my reason for everything I do. I love being creative and have loved to write since a young age. Introducing myself feels strange right now. I am still in the process of rediscovering who I am in the midst of being a widow and a mother, a journey I think all mothers face. I am much more interested in the company I keep than where I want to be. It doesn't matter where I go, as long as I am around people I love. I spent many years traveling, being very mobile and sometimes homeless so I enjoy my little house and the stability and coziness it gives my family. Maybe one day I will be open to exploring again, but for now I am enjoying the calm of four walls.  2. When did you get the thoughts of writing this book?  Answer:  This book, And Then I Laughed, is the cul...

Love is a Verb by Pramod Rajput

BOOK: Love is a Verb AUTHOR: Pramod Rajput *My Ratings* : 4.3/5 ⭐ "Love is a verb" by Pramod Rajput is a story of love. The title itself suggests that love is not static; it requires action, effort, and commitment. The story revolves around Manav, an industrious engineering student who encounters a girl named Madhu in trouble on the streets of Kanpur that changes the course of his life. The love story of manav and madhu unfolds with a serendipitous encounter. The narrative explores the intricacies of love, portraying it not just as a sentiment but as a dynamic force that propels the characters through life's ups and downs.The book delves into how destiny intertwines with our choices. Manav and Madhu's decisions shape their lives and love becomes a verb through their actions.Love involves overcoming obstacles and growing together. The novel celebrates resilience and personal growth. Highlights how love transcends boundaries and tradition. Manav and Madhu na...

The Sins We Inherit by Carlo J. Emanuele

The Sins We Inherit by Carlo J. Emanuele in Blood opens with a funeral, but the deeper loss being mourned is an era of power and identity. The story centers on Costantino “Cost” Caduto II, a man who has spent years trying to distance himself from his family’s long-standing ties to the Milwaukee underworld. Instead of glamorizing the mafia, the book focuses on how legacy can feel like a weight that never loosens. Cost is not a stereotypical crime figure. He is weary, emotionally guarded, and trying to reconnect with a daughter who has grown up at a distance from him. After the death of his grandfather, Tiger Caduto, the old crew watches to see whether Cost will return to the world he left. Those tensions play out quietly—through glances at a wake, pressure-filled conversations, and unspoken expectations. The writing feels intimate, raw, and grounded in the complexity of family relationships. Scenes such as Cost giving the eulogy, or the subtle shifts between him and his dau...