Skip to main content

TEN Questions with Sarah Dickens

1. Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "A Victory Song: Beneath The Veil"
Answer: My name is Sarah Dickens and I am the author of the book, "A Victory Song: Beneath the Veil." My book, "A Victory Song: Beneath the Veil," is a published memoir filled with messages of hope and compassion. It is a story about how I became diagnosed with bipolar disorder, a mental illness, and the trials and hardships that I faced as a result of having a mental health diagnosis. I talk about topics relatable to young adults, particularly teenagers, in regards to seasonal friendships, my relationship with my mother, and my relationship with my ex-boyfriend and how these hardships that I faced strengthened my relationship and faith in God as well as made me more reliant on Him through my mental health diagnosis. There is an Introduction, eleven chapters, and Acknowledgements section of my book. 

2. When did you get the thoughts of writing this book? blurb looks fantastic.
Answer: I was inspired from my own life experiences in my own relationship and walk with God and in the struggles that I faced pertaining to my bipolar disorder diagnosis. I wanted to provide a hopeful perspective to my readers as well as to encourage them through the powerful words and the power through my testimony that they are not alone and that God can be their Greatest Ally and Companion through the hard times and hardships that they face if they let Him be so like I did in my story. 

3. What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?
Answer: I researched a mental health organization, read books on mental health and Christianity before publishing this book, and did a lot of research on Scripture from the Bible, the book for Christianity. It took me about six months to one year to do this research because I had to decide as I did the research what research worked and would not work for my book that would apply to my readers and make it applicable to them, especially on the topic of mental health. I wanted to also draw readers in with Scripture from the Bible and make it applicable to mental illness since my book is about the hardships that I faced, from a Christian's point of view, from my mental illness. 

4. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
Answer: I was surprised in how much power that my words carry in my book. I did not believe that writing this memoir would be a powerful experience for me since my story is very powerful through the life experiences that I share pertaining to the hardships that I face with my mental illness and from my relationship and walk with God. As a result, I now believe that I can write more books like this one from the same and similar perspective of power for my readers. 

5. Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book?
Answer: That is a good question. I am currently in the process of writing another book that is a continuation of this book. At the end of my first book, I write, "To be continued...," in order to  keep readers with suspense for what happens in my life next and make them want to buy and read the next book. It is unknown when the next book will come out, but I will be sure to keep my readers updated on social media platforms so that they know how and when to purchase their copy of the next book.

6. How many books you are going to launch this year? and which is your favourite genre?
Answer: As I previously explained, I am in the process of writing another book. It is unknown when it will be released although I am already on the third chapter of writing it. I will be sure to let my readers know through social media platforms once I know when it will be released. My favorite genre of book writing is Christiian nonfiction because I can get advice from these types of books that I read and apply them to my own life, from the Christian author's viewpoint, as I immerse myself in his or her writing. In that way, I grow spiritually in my walk with God as well as my faith.  

7. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
Answer: I hear from my readers all of the time. A few days ago, a reader messaged me on Instagram and told me that he was very motivated by my book and found it to be amazing. It also helped him in many ways. It is statements like these that my readers say to me that keep me inspired and want to keep on writing because they press me to want to continue on to function in my calling, as an author, and to write.

8. How would you express your journey as an Author?
Answer: It has been quite a process, taking four long years to complete. It has always been a dream of mine to become an author since I was in Kindergarten and I had to trust God in the process as I had faith and believed that my dream to become an author would come to pass and it did. I did not think it would happen and it was hard for me to believe it when it actually happened. As a result, I am thankful and grateful for this process because it molded me into the author that I am today. 

9. What other things do you love than this writing?
Answer: I love drawing, painting, and especially taking walks with nature. Taking walks with nature is very therapeutic for me, as a future counselor since I am currently in school right now studying to become a counselor and helps me to spend deeper time with God as I de-stress and make time for myself by taking these nature walks. It is altogether very enjoyable, relaxing, and pleasant for me!  

10. And last, What advice do you have for writers?
Answer: Always vividly describe your characters and scenes in your books. In that way, your readers will be drawn and want to continue in reading the book that he or she is currently reading and read future books that you intend to write. Readers remember you, as the author, when you vividly describe the characters and scenes in your book because then, they can identify with them and you, as the author of the book.

Book Review Link - Click here!

Link to buy this Book - Click here!

Author Instagram page - Click here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is a Verb by Pramod Rajput

BOOK: Love is a Verb AUTHOR: Pramod Rajput *My Ratings* : 4.3/5 ⭐ "Love is a verb" by Pramod Rajput is a story of love. The title itself suggests that love is not static; it requires action, effort, and commitment. The story revolves around Manav, an industrious engineering student who encounters a girl named Madhu in trouble on the streets of Kanpur that changes the course of his life. The love story of manav and madhu unfolds with a serendipitous encounter. The narrative explores the intricacies of love, portraying it not just as a sentiment but as a dynamic force that propels the characters through life's ups and downs.The book delves into how destiny intertwines with our choices. Manav and Madhu's decisions shape their lives and love becomes a verb through their actions.Love involves overcoming obstacles and growing together. The novel celebrates resilience and personal growth. Highlights how love transcends boundaries and tradition. Manav and Madhu na...

TEN Questions with SaNeene

1.Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "Patent Leather Pumps"   I’m Treena Wetsel but my book is published under the name SaNeene (my middle name). I use a pseudonym because I also have two published children’s books (Do Bears Eat Pancakes? and Miranda and the Lost Shoe).  Patent Leather Pumps is a “beach read” for ladies. It’s a look at one woman’s playful exploration turned into sexual addiction. Yes, it’s racy but, it’s also heart-felt and real. 2. When did you get the thoughts of writing this book?  Answer: I  wrote the manuscript about 15 years ago. I know I’m about to show my age but, it was printed and placed in a file cabinet along with other stories I had written at the time. 3. What kind of research did you do, and how long did you spend researching before beginning a book?  Answer: My  process was a little different since I was editing a story that I had previously written. Initially...

TEN Questions with Carolyn M. Bowen

1.Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "The Death of Me: A Novel." Answer:   My name is Carolyn M. Bowen and I’m an author of romantic murder mysteries. My latest mystery-thriller (2022) is  The Death of Me: A Novel.  I hope readers looking for a thrilling cultural adventure will check it out. 2. When did you get the thoughts of writing this book? I read the book blurb and I loved it. Answer: I have my fans to thank for this new novel and series. The readers of the Sydney Jones Series wanted to know what the future would be for one of the main characters, David.  The Death of Me , book 1, in the Legacy Series is my answer to their question. And I believe they’ll resonate with his passion, and purpose in life. 3. What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book? Answer:  Every book I write comes together differently.  The Death of Me  was researched...