Skip to main content

Durga in Nigeria by Piyush Mahiskey


Durga in Nigeria by Piyush Mahiskey is a deeply atmospheric novel that explores distance, duty, and emotional displacement with quiet intensity. At its core, the story follows Anant Joshi, a middle class Indian man whose professional obligation pulls him away from his family and into an unfamiliar Nigerian landscape. What begins as a routine on site assignment slowly unfolds into an introspective journey about love, identity, and the subtle costs of ambition.

Mahiskey’s strength lies in his attention to emotional detail. The separation between Anant and his wife Roshni is not dramatic but aching, filled with unspoken fears, rituals of care, and the loneliness that settles into everyday life. Their bond feels lived in, shaped by shared history rather than grand declarations. Nigeria, meanwhile, is portrayed not as a backdrop but as a presence, foreign yet transformative, pushing Anant to confront parts of himself he had long ignored.

The introduction of Saani adds another emotional layer to the narrative. Their connection is subtle, restrained, and complex, blurring the lines between companionship and longing without ever becoming careless. The novel handles this emotional tension with maturity, focusing more on inner conflict than external action.

Durga in Nigeria is not a fast paced story, but it is a resonant one. It speaks to anyone who has chosen responsibility over comfort and wondered quietly about life unfolding somewhere else. The book lingers long after the final page, like a memory you are not sure belongs to you but feels personal all the same.

_____________________________
*Available at Amazon*
*Link in Story*
*Amazon link* - https://amzn.to/3MDMiUF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEN Questions with Melissa Reeves

1. Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "And Then I Laughed" Answer:  My name is Melissa and I am a single widow of four young children who are my reason for everything I do. I love being creative and have loved to write since a young age. Introducing myself feels strange right now. I am still in the process of rediscovering who I am in the midst of being a widow and a mother, a journey I think all mothers face. I am much more interested in the company I keep than where I want to be. It doesn't matter where I go, as long as I am around people I love. I spent many years traveling, being very mobile and sometimes homeless so I enjoy my little house and the stability and coziness it gives my family. Maybe one day I will be open to exploring again, but for now I am enjoying the calm of four walls.  2. When did you get the thoughts of writing this book?  Answer:  This book, And Then I Laughed, is the cul...

Love is a Verb by Pramod Rajput

BOOK: Love is a Verb AUTHOR: Pramod Rajput *My Ratings* : 4.3/5 ⭐ "Love is a verb" by Pramod Rajput is a story of love. The title itself suggests that love is not static; it requires action, effort, and commitment. The story revolves around Manav, an industrious engineering student who encounters a girl named Madhu in trouble on the streets of Kanpur that changes the course of his life. The love story of manav and madhu unfolds with a serendipitous encounter. The narrative explores the intricacies of love, portraying it not just as a sentiment but as a dynamic force that propels the characters through life's ups and downs.The book delves into how destiny intertwines with our choices. Manav and Madhu's decisions shape their lives and love becomes a verb through their actions.Love involves overcoming obstacles and growing together. The novel celebrates resilience and personal growth. Highlights how love transcends boundaries and tradition. Manav and Madhu na...

TEN Questions with SaNeene

1.Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "Patent Leather Pumps"   I’m Treena Wetsel but my book is published under the name SaNeene (my middle name). I use a pseudonym because I also have two published children’s books (Do Bears Eat Pancakes? and Miranda and the Lost Shoe).  Patent Leather Pumps is a “beach read” for ladies. It’s a look at one woman’s playful exploration turned into sexual addiction. Yes, it’s racy but, it’s also heart-felt and real. 2. When did you get the thoughts of writing this book?  Answer: I  wrote the manuscript about 15 years ago. I know I’m about to show my age but, it was printed and placed in a file cabinet along with other stories I had written at the time. 3. What kind of research did you do, and how long did you spend researching before beginning a book?  Answer: My  process was a little different since I was editing a story that I had previously written. Initially...