Skip to main content

From Co Dependent to Independent A Psychotherapists Diary by Jula Aniol

From Co Dependent to Independent A Psychotherapists Diary by Jula Aniol

This book is an intimate and courageous memoir that opens the doors to the author’s personal and emotional world. Through honest reflection, she explores how childhood experiences, family trauma and early emotional wounds shaped her identity long before she ever stepped into the role of a psychotherapist. Her writing feels genuine and deeply human, reminding readers that those who help others heal often carry their own stories of pain and resilience.

The story follows her journey from a childhood marked by perfectionism, pressure to please and exposure to addiction and psychological abuse, to her struggles with self worth and the long lasting effects of unresolved trauma. Her willingness to revisit painful memories such as family conflict, emotional neglect and the constant desire to be the perfect child creates a narrative that is both vulnerable and empowering.

What stands out most is how she uses her lived experience to challenge stereotypes about mental health professionals. Instead of presenting herself as someone who always had the answers, she openly shares how her personal battles shaped her understanding of clients, relationships and the process of healing. Her reflections on trauma, identity and emotional survival are written with warmth and clarity, making the book relatable even for readers outside the field of psychology.

Overall, the memoir is a thoughtful blend of personal storytelling and psychological insight. It offers hope to anyone navigating their own healing journey and serves as a reminder that independence is built slowly through awareness, compassion and courage.

___________________________________________________
Available at Amazon
Link in Story
Amazon link - https://amzn.in/d/8RuDDaK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEN Questions with Melissa Reeves

1. Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "And Then I Laughed" Answer:  My name is Melissa and I am a single widow of four young children who are my reason for everything I do. I love being creative and have loved to write since a young age. Introducing myself feels strange right now. I am still in the process of rediscovering who I am in the midst of being a widow and a mother, a journey I think all mothers face. I am much more interested in the company I keep than where I want to be. It doesn't matter where I go, as long as I am around people I love. I spent many years traveling, being very mobile and sometimes homeless so I enjoy my little house and the stability and coziness it gives my family. Maybe one day I will be open to exploring again, but for now I am enjoying the calm of four walls.  2. When did you get the thoughts of writing this book?  Answer:  This book, And Then I Laughed, is the cul...

Love is a Verb by Pramod Rajput

BOOK: Love is a Verb AUTHOR: Pramod Rajput *My Ratings* : 4.3/5 ⭐ "Love is a verb" by Pramod Rajput is a story of love. The title itself suggests that love is not static; it requires action, effort, and commitment. The story revolves around Manav, an industrious engineering student who encounters a girl named Madhu in trouble on the streets of Kanpur that changes the course of his life. The love story of manav and madhu unfolds with a serendipitous encounter. The narrative explores the intricacies of love, portraying it not just as a sentiment but as a dynamic force that propels the characters through life's ups and downs.The book delves into how destiny intertwines with our choices. Manav and Madhu's decisions shape their lives and love becomes a verb through their actions.Love involves overcoming obstacles and growing together. The novel celebrates resilience and personal growth. Highlights how love transcends boundaries and tradition. Manav and Madhu na...

TEN Questions with SaNeene

1.Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "Patent Leather Pumps"   I’m Treena Wetsel but my book is published under the name SaNeene (my middle name). I use a pseudonym because I also have two published children’s books (Do Bears Eat Pancakes? and Miranda and the Lost Shoe).  Patent Leather Pumps is a “beach read” for ladies. It’s a look at one woman’s playful exploration turned into sexual addiction. Yes, it’s racy but, it’s also heart-felt and real. 2. When did you get the thoughts of writing this book?  Answer: I  wrote the manuscript about 15 years ago. I know I’m about to show my age but, it was printed and placed in a file cabinet along with other stories I had written at the time. 3. What kind of research did you do, and how long did you spend researching before beginning a book?  Answer: My  process was a little different since I was editing a story that I had previously written. Initially...