Skip to main content

Porus by Roopesh Kumar Tiwari

Porus by Roopesh Kumar Tiwari is more than a historical tale. It feels like witnessing the turning of an era shaped by betrayal, ambition, and destiny. The narrative does not revolve around a single hero. Instead, it moves powerfully between Chandragupta’s silent evolution, Purushottam’s grief driven resolve, and Alexander’s relentless pursuit of glory, creating a layered and emotionally charged experience.

The revival of Chandragupta in Taxila stands out as one of the most gripping moments in the story. It carries a spiritual intensity that signals the rise of someone destined for greatness. In contrast, Purushottam’s memories of his lost family bring deep emotional gravity. His sorrow does not feel exaggerated. It feels intimate and painfully real. Through him, the cost of vengeance becomes personal rather than political.

Taramati’s character adds further complexity. Her decisions are conflicted and morally heavy, showing how power and survival can reshape love and loyalty. The strategic discussions among Persian and Macedonian leaders introduce intellectual depth, reminding the reader that wars are not only fought with weapons but with ego, calculation, and pride.

What impressed me most is how the book balances emotional vulnerability with grand political vision. It presents empire building not as glory alone but as sacrifice and consequence. I would recommend this novel to readers who appreciate historical fiction that blends strategy, human conflict, and the psychological weight of leadership.

_________________________
Available at Amazon
Link in Story
Amazon link - https://amzn.to/3On6drK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEN Questions with Melissa Reeves

1. Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "And Then I Laughed" Answer:  My name is Melissa and I am a single widow of four young children who are my reason for everything I do. I love being creative and have loved to write since a young age. Introducing myself feels strange right now. I am still in the process of rediscovering who I am in the midst of being a widow and a mother, a journey I think all mothers face. I am much more interested in the company I keep than where I want to be. It doesn't matter where I go, as long as I am around people I love. I spent many years traveling, being very mobile and sometimes homeless so I enjoy my little house and the stability and coziness it gives my family. Maybe one day I will be open to exploring again, but for now I am enjoying the calm of four walls.  2. When did you get the thoughts of writing this book?  Answer:  This book, And Then I Laughed, is the cul...

Love is a Verb by Pramod Rajput

BOOK: Love is a Verb AUTHOR: Pramod Rajput *My Ratings* : 4.3/5 ⭐ "Love is a verb" by Pramod Rajput is a story of love. The title itself suggests that love is not static; it requires action, effort, and commitment. The story revolves around Manav, an industrious engineering student who encounters a girl named Madhu in trouble on the streets of Kanpur that changes the course of his life. The love story of manav and madhu unfolds with a serendipitous encounter. The narrative explores the intricacies of love, portraying it not just as a sentiment but as a dynamic force that propels the characters through life's ups and downs.The book delves into how destiny intertwines with our choices. Manav and Madhu's decisions shape their lives and love becomes a verb through their actions.Love involves overcoming obstacles and growing together. The novel celebrates resilience and personal growth. Highlights how love transcends boundaries and tradition. Manav and Madhu na...

The Sins We Inherit by Carlo J. Emanuele

The Sins We Inherit by Carlo J. Emanuele in Blood opens with a funeral, but the deeper loss being mourned is an era of power and identity. The story centers on Costantino “Cost” Caduto II, a man who has spent years trying to distance himself from his family’s long-standing ties to the Milwaukee underworld. Instead of glamorizing the mafia, the book focuses on how legacy can feel like a weight that never loosens. Cost is not a stereotypical crime figure. He is weary, emotionally guarded, and trying to reconnect with a daughter who has grown up at a distance from him. After the death of his grandfather, Tiger Caduto, the old crew watches to see whether Cost will return to the world he left. Those tensions play out quietly—through glances at a wake, pressure-filled conversations, and unspoken expectations. The writing feels intimate, raw, and grounded in the complexity of family relationships. Scenes such as Cost giving the eulogy, or the subtle shifts between him and his dau...