Skip to main content

TEN Questions with Robert Stubblefield


1. Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "No Rain In the Desert: Poems from a Voice Crying In the Wilderness" 
Answer: Hi My name is Robert Alex Stubblefield and I am a poet and activist currently living in the United States. My book No Rain In The Desert: Poems from A Voice Crying In The Wilderness is in many ways a follow up to Written in Blood because it continues in a more direct way the socio-political commentary.
2. When did you get the thoughts of writing this book? i read the book blurb and i loved it, your writing style is commendable. You are amazing.
Answer: Well first let me say thank you so much for liking my writing sty;e I greatly appreciate it. Well my thoughts in many way are the same when I was working on Written in Blood of the sense of all the chaos in the world and what would a better world look like. The No Rain In The Desert symbolizes both hope and no hope in the sense if we don’t change what we’re doing, we are going to self-destruct.

3. What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?
Answer: Well for poetry I’ll say it’s mainly thoughts and rhythms in my brain and while I do make references to pop-culture events, I try to be original if that makes sense.

4. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
Answer: The surprising thing that I learned in creating my books is that the rhythm and language that one can come up. It’s like creating your own world.

5. Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book?
Answer: For me it’s a mix of both, on the one hand I want to build connections between Written in Blood and No Rain In The Desert yet at the same time I want readers to look at them and judge them by what they both offer and their own merits.

6. What was an early experience where you learned that language had power?
Answer: An early experience for me would have to be when I was younger. I had a very bad stutter and I didn’t talk because of how others made fun of me. So my grandfather used poetry to help my conquer it. He had me read everything from the Psalms in the Bible, to music lyrics and then the day came when I had to recite Dr. King’s I Have a Dream Speech. I went through and did not stutter once. My teacher who was Greek proceeded to call me Chrysostom which means Golden tongue.

7. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
Answer: I do hear from my readers. They say one of poems captures what is going on in their lives or how some of the poems show the issues around the world.

8. How would you express your journey as an Author?
Answer: My Journey as an Author has had it’s ups and downs but I wouldn’t change anything for them because it’s making me better as I go along.

9. What other things do you love than this writing?
Answer: I love exercising I believe that a fit body is a healthy one and I love hiking, I also paint and I love listening to music.

10. And last, What advice do you have for writers?
Answer: The advice I would give to my fellow writers is never stop writing. Somebody out there needs to read what you wrote cause it may help them in the future. 


Book Review Link - Click here!

Link to buy this Book - Click here!

Author Instagram page - Click here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEN Questions with Melissa Reeves

1. Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "And Then I Laughed" Answer:  My name is Melissa and I am a single widow of four young children who are my reason for everything I do. I love being creative and have loved to write since a young age. Introducing myself feels strange right now. I am still in the process of rediscovering who I am in the midst of being a widow and a mother, a journey I think all mothers face. I am much more interested in the company I keep than where I want to be. It doesn't matter where I go, as long as I am around people I love. I spent many years traveling, being very mobile and sometimes homeless so I enjoy my little house and the stability and coziness it gives my family. Maybe one day I will be open to exploring again, but for now I am enjoying the calm of four walls.  2. When did you get the thoughts of writing this book?  Answer:  This book, And Then I Laughed, is the culmination of a y

An Aunt's Animal Alphabet by Hailey Kathleen Hall

BOOK: An Aunt's Animal Alphabet AUTHOR: Hailey Kathleen Hall *My Ratings* : 4.3/5 ⭐  "An Aunt's Animal Alphabet" is a beautiful illustrated book by Hailey Kathleen Hall to help your children learn the English alphabet and identify animals around us . From the small hardworking ant to the playful puppy in the park, Through this book kids will get to know about different animals and their nature .This book has all elements from impressive hand_drawn illustrations to the catchy nursery rhymes. Parents and grandparents alike can have a great time reading this book with their loved ones.The beautiful illustrations will delight young children . Attractive images and large labels at each page help the child seek the animals faster. I must say that it is the most creative children's book that I have seen.Making it one that you and your child want to read again and again . Buy An Aunt's Animal Alphabet for your children to explore the world of animals! Avai

Stop being a Maggu! by Avinash Agarwal

BOOK: Stop being a Maggu! AUTHOR: Avinash Agarwal  *My Ratings* : 4.5/5 ⭐ Stop being a Maggu! By Avinash Agarwal is a book that through a sweet and sour story of a student and through the story the author tries to teach us the correct way to study and motivate students.  The story is about Abhyas, a student coming from a middle class family and being a single child carrying all the dreams and hopes of his family on his shoulders. He shifts to Kota, gets admission in the best coaching center and hopes to crack JEE and get into an IIT. But just getting into good coaching is not sufficient, he faces a lot of issues there and from being a topper to failing his first reshuffling test he goes through a lot.  His friends Lakshya, Ananya and Chunky help him out and specially Abhimanyu Bhaiya becomes his mentor and guides him to the correct way of studying and through their help he tries to excel. Will he be able to do this? Will he be able to match up to his and his parent's ex