1. Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "The Grieving Heart: A collection of poetry and prose." Answer - My name is Deb Rosman and I am delighted to tell you a little bit about my book. I consider this collection of poetry and prose to function as a companion to the grieving process which is as personal as each person. Many of the pieces are from my own process but many more I wrote for friends and colleagues to let them know they are not alone. I know my book can offer some relief to those going through the process.
2. When did you get the thoughts of writing this book? I read the book and i loved it, your writing style is commendable. You are amazing.
Answer - First of all thank you for the lovely compliments. I have always written, mostly poetry but a great deal of journaling too for as long as I can remember. I started the book around 2004 and finally in 2019 set out to publish it that happened in June of 2019.
3. What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?
Answer - Perhaps because I write poetry/prose there was no formal research. I am human and writing helped me process loss as well as celebrate love.
4. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
Answer - How cathartic writing is which is why I offer a journal version of my book, granted we all process differently but it can be a powerful tool so I encourage people to try it.
5. Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book?
Answer - I want everything I write to stand on its own merits.
6. What was an early experience where you learned that language had power?
Answer - I cannot think of a time that it didn’t language both verbal and non verbal has the power to change worlds. Now more than ever we need to consider our words more carefully than ever before and use language of love and kindness.
7. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
Answer - I am honored occasionally to hear that this book has brought comfort and I am humbled that it does.
8. How would you express your journey as an Author?
Answer - Extremely fulfilling and beautiful.
9. What other things do you love than this writing?
Answer - I am a seeker of joy and happiness as a fan of LOA or law of attraction. I spend as much time in nature as possible for it fills up my spirit.
10. And last, What advice do you have for writers?
Answer - Don’t care about what other people say if writing brings you joy that is it’s own reward.
Thankyou for the opportunity and book, i loved it. You guys should definitely give this a read.
Review of this Book - Click here!
Link to buy this Book - Click here!
Comments
Post a Comment