Skip to main content

TEN Questions with Elise Sarkis Talj.


1. Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "Draw me a fish."
Answer - It's my first book, I am a hotelier by trade but after 30 years in the business, my career took a shift. I pursued a master in spiritual healing and a certificate in wellness coaching; writing turned from corporate press releases and communication to something that is closer to my heart which is wellness, wellbeing and sustainable living.
2. When did you get the thoughts of writing this book? i read the book and i loved it, your writing style is commendable. You are amazing.
Answer - Thank you so much for the kind words. Draw me a Fish just happened. While musing on a longer kind of Bio story, that I have been busy with for the past 10 years, the idea of short story-writing became some kind of stepping stone. We know famous writers like Hemongway started with short stories as well (lol); so I believe it's a natural development.

3. What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?
Answer - Draw me a Fish was very fast :) I believe it is the summary of everything that goes on in my mind and from there into my lecture and courses when I work with clients with wellness coaching.

4. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
Answer - That it could be published!

5. Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book?
Answer - My second book is coming out very soon; it is in the mindset of Draw Me a Fish but it addresses 4 different issues in 4 separate short stories.

6. What was an early experience where you learned that language had power?
Answer - My years in Corporate Communication were a good base to understand the power of the words over anything else. If the message is communicated in the right way (depending on the audience, of course) it can resonate in people's minds and from there become a call to action.

7. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
Answer - I heard back from all my friends and acquaintances who read my book, some directly and some on their socila media platforms. It warmed my heart because I knew they were genuinely touched, one way or another.

8. How would you express your journey as an Author?
Answer - It's too early to talk about the journey, I am yet a newborn in this field.

9. What other things do you love than this writing?
Answer - I love public speaking, teaching, which I do a lot because of the whole spiritual and wellness movement and people trying to find balance in their life in ways they were never taught before. It's the right time to support and guide and maybe assist in their evolution. Very rewarding feeling.

10. And last, What advice do you have for writers?
Answer - 
Perseverance. 
And another advice that a friend writer gave me.
She said:when you start on a book, just go on for at least the first 50 pages non-stop. You can review and edit later when the body of your story has taken shape; if on the contrary you are someone who wants to perfect the outcome from chapter one, you will be going back and forth forever without being able to move to the next chapter.


I loved the book guys and you guys should definitely give this a read.

Review of this Book - Click yhere!

Link to buy this Book - Click here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEN Questions with Melissa Reeves

1. Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "And Then I Laughed" Answer:  My name is Melissa and I am a single widow of four young children who are my reason for everything I do. I love being creative and have loved to write since a young age. Introducing myself feels strange right now. I am still in the process of rediscovering who I am in the midst of being a widow and a mother, a journey I think all mothers face. I am much more interested in the company I keep than where I want to be. It doesn't matter where I go, as long as I am around people I love. I spent many years traveling, being very mobile and sometimes homeless so I enjoy my little house and the stability and coziness it gives my family. Maybe one day I will be open to exploring again, but for now I am enjoying the calm of four walls.  2. When did you get the thoughts of writing this book?  Answer:  This book, And Then I Laughed, is the cul...

Love is a Verb by Pramod Rajput

BOOK: Love is a Verb AUTHOR: Pramod Rajput *My Ratings* : 4.3/5 ⭐ "Love is a verb" by Pramod Rajput is a story of love. The title itself suggests that love is not static; it requires action, effort, and commitment. The story revolves around Manav, an industrious engineering student who encounters a girl named Madhu in trouble on the streets of Kanpur that changes the course of his life. The love story of manav and madhu unfolds with a serendipitous encounter. The narrative explores the intricacies of love, portraying it not just as a sentiment but as a dynamic force that propels the characters through life's ups and downs.The book delves into how destiny intertwines with our choices. Manav and Madhu's decisions shape their lives and love becomes a verb through their actions.Love involves overcoming obstacles and growing together. The novel celebrates resilience and personal growth. Highlights how love transcends boundaries and tradition. Manav and Madhu na...

TEN Questions with Tone Aaness

1. Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "Happy Belated Birthday" Ans:  I am an Norwegian author, born in Oslo.I am a human rights activist, a peace activist, and an environmental activist. i  am also a performance artist and a classically trained painter. The book «Happy Belated Birthday» is about Sally Sparks a writer and a life adventurist. In her strife for keeping her freedom, reputation, and social stability, I try as an author to give her some creative means. 2. How did you think about this title/  how did it come into your mind?  Ans:  I think someone was a bit late with the Cong ratulations on a birthday on Facebook. I kept thinking how we all greet eachother and how happy we become from it, but what is a birthday really? Is it the party or the year we survived.  3. What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before...