Skip to main content

TEN Question with Sarbajit Chowdhury


1.Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "Speaking From The Autumn Of My Life"

Answer - Hi, I am sarbajit chowdhury. I am an author and as well as pursuing MA from university of Burdwan. I love to eat, live, love and laugh. On work front I have been awarded with the BEST POETRY BOOK in INDIAN LITERARY AWARD. I have also been ushered with SAHITYAKOSH SAMMAN 2021. Currently, working on my novel. 

My book Speaking from the Autumn of My Life is a collection containing poems about success, failure, insecurities, heart break, love, lust, prostitution etc. I try to write from the heart so that people connect with it and can see a glimpse of their individual self. 
2.When did you get the thoughts of writing this book? i read the book and i loved it, your writing style is commendable. You are amazing.

Answer -Thanks for the compliment, these are dose of encouragement. The thought of writing a novel was always in mind, to pin point maybe it was from the first year of my college. I like to tell stories, to create characters, and decide their fate. The thought of writing poem was abrupt and was not pre- planned. I remember it was a class on KAMALA DAS (one of my favourite poet), I started writing my first poem, just penning my feelings and giving them wings to fly. 

3. What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?

Answer - I don’t do research. What I do is the character sketch and I try to set the plot, but as it is said, the author himself also does not know how it will end. I always let my creativity flow and let it decide its own course. In case of poetry, it’s important for me to create the image like a film or a painting. I need to find words which are accurate expressing my exact emotion. Though this whole process needs to happen quickly, otherwise the train of thought disappears or the flow is intervened. 

4. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

Answer - I was living in a Lalaland till date I was introduced to the process of publishing. This process is strewed with technicality and legal procedures. I was surprised with this whole lot of process intricately linked with legality and mechanical procedure. what more surprising was the fact that I could publish and my book will be out soon.   

5. Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book?

Answer - Currently, on the novel I am working stands of its own. Though I am trying to keep a que from which I can recreate again if I feel like. And in the book which is already published there are poems which are continuation or can be called contrary poems – “Lost Summer Days” and “Long Winter Halts”. These are poems about how a child is affected with sexual abuse and how rebuilds himself as a strong individual. 

6. What was an early experience where you learned that language had power?

Answer - I am a literature student. The sensibility of the power of language was inbuilt from my college days itself. I believe one can hurt another individual via words and on the other hand one can heal that person with his words. Language has an inexpressible power. My indulgence in poetry was result of my fascination with the power of language. 

7. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?

Answer - I do. Believe me my readers are my best critic. I used to write small poems on my Facebook handle, and believe me they would be bluntly honest and say which was my best and which was the worst. I feel I have a connection with my readers, and I feel what they are expecting of me. To be very true they are protective and supportive of me. I feel blessed. 

8. How would you express your journey as an Author?

Answer - Full of learning and experience. I was new to this whole lot of publishing with no god father, and no guidance. I was confident about my work and my talent and I knew I wanted to be a writer and I believed in my will. Now I emerge as an enriched and experience person. 

9. What other things do you love than this writing?

Answer - I love to cook, listen to music and read books. I am currently exploring my love for kathak and exploring myself. To put it in a nutshell, I love to live and work and I can’t sit idle, hence I always have a packed schedule. 

10. And last, What advice do you have for writers?

Answer - Be patient and believe on your talent. Wear your confidence, believe in yourself and work hard. Things will fall in place when time comes. Just keep going and push yourself extra every day, you will achieve it one day. 

Link to buy this Book - Click here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEN Questions with Melissa Reeves

1. Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "And Then I Laughed" Answer:  My name is Melissa and I am a single widow of four young children who are my reason for everything I do. I love being creative and have loved to write since a young age. Introducing myself feels strange right now. I am still in the process of rediscovering who I am in the midst of being a widow and a mother, a journey I think all mothers face. I am much more interested in the company I keep than where I want to be. It doesn't matter where I go, as long as I am around people I love. I spent many years traveling, being very mobile and sometimes homeless so I enjoy my little house and the stability and coziness it gives my family. Maybe one day I will be open to exploring again, but for now I am enjoying the calm of four walls.  2. When did you get the thoughts of writing this book?  Answer:  This book, And Then I Laughed, is the cul...

Love is a Verb by Pramod Rajput

BOOK: Love is a Verb AUTHOR: Pramod Rajput *My Ratings* : 4.3/5 ⭐ "Love is a verb" by Pramod Rajput is a story of love. The title itself suggests that love is not static; it requires action, effort, and commitment. The story revolves around Manav, an industrious engineering student who encounters a girl named Madhu in trouble on the streets of Kanpur that changes the course of his life. The love story of manav and madhu unfolds with a serendipitous encounter. The narrative explores the intricacies of love, portraying it not just as a sentiment but as a dynamic force that propels the characters through life's ups and downs.The book delves into how destiny intertwines with our choices. Manav and Madhu's decisions shape their lives and love becomes a verb through their actions.Love involves overcoming obstacles and growing together. The novel celebrates resilience and personal growth. Highlights how love transcends boundaries and tradition. Manav and Madhu na...

TEN Questions with Tone Aaness

1. Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "Happy Belated Birthday" Ans:  I am an Norwegian author, born in Oslo.I am a human rights activist, a peace activist, and an environmental activist. i  am also a performance artist and a classically trained painter. The book «Happy Belated Birthday» is about Sally Sparks a writer and a life adventurist. In her strife for keeping her freedom, reputation, and social stability, I try as an author to give her some creative means. 2. How did you think about this title/  how did it come into your mind?  Ans:  I think someone was a bit late with the Cong ratulations on a birthday on Facebook. I kept thinking how we all greet eachother and how happy we become from it, but what is a birthday really? Is it the party or the year we survived.  3. What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before...