1. Can you please introduce yourself and tell us something about your book "Preparing a Fruitful Harvest."
Answer - I am Independent Author, Autumn P. Prather; a mother of two - a 21 year old daughter and a 10 year old son. My new book journals my experience in raising my 21 year old daughter and leading her into adulthood. We share a special bond and have formed a non profit together to promote the sacred bonds of the mother and daughter relationship. I write about breaking negative generational cycles, taking care of mental health issues, building generational wealth and learning to be the best woman and mother you can be. The book also highlights women's empowerment principles of self-care, finding your passion, having a vision for your life and leaving a legacy to your children.
2. When did you get the thoughts of writing this book?
Answer - Back in the fall of 2020, I was contacted by a Publisher who noticed my content on Instagram and Facebook. Most of my posts were about the non profit that my daughter and I started, called The Mother & Daughter Experience™ and encouraging other mothers to create that special bond with their daughters. I also wanted to empower women in general. He remarked that I had book within me. I've always wanted to write a book but never really knew the process of how to get started. So, it just kind of landed in my lap and I took advantage of the opportunity to make this investment in myself.
3. What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?
Answer - I didn't research anything beforehand. I literally just started writing my story and kept writing until I was empty! For some of the chapters, I actually used Survey Monkey to conduct a couple of interviews. I also have many close girlfriends who are mothers who I called upon for their insight. For the most part, I relied on my own experiences as a single mother, a married mother and a divorced mother to write this book. It was very therapeutic.
4. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
Answer - Writing a book may seem easy but it's not! Your mind will try to protect you so you will have moments when you feel like giving up. This was new territory for me but I've never considered myself a quitter. So, it was very surprising to me that I considered quitting after writing about 12 chapters of the book. Yes, it would have been easier to just walk away from it. But nothing worth doing is ever easy! Plus, I wouldn't have fulfilled my God-given purpose for writing this book which is to help mothers change generations.
5. Do you want each book to stand on its own, or are you trying to build a body of work with connections between each book?
Answer - Well, this is my first book and it is a stand alone for now.
6. What was an early experience where you learned that language had power?
Answer - Oh wow! Being in leadership positions within my sorority, as well as being a mother, forces me to understand the power of language on a daily basis. Communication is the key to unlocking peace and hope. I gained another skill in writing this book by being able to expand my reach outside of my everyday circle.
7. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
Answer - I am hoping they will say great things about this book. I have, literally, put my heart and soul into this project.
8. How would you express your journey as an Author?
Answer - Definitely a huge learning curve and very humbling! I had to first develop the mindset that I could do this. Secondly, I had to trust that my writing coach would guide me onto the right path and help me find my groove. Then, I had to trust my own experiences to tell the story authentically. And finally, I am trusting that the process will yield great rewards. If I can help one mother, then that means one family has been impacted; which means that one community can be edified as well.
9. What other things do you love than this writing?
Answer - I love public speaking, hosting events, facilitating workshops, and creating content.
10. And last, What advice do you have for writers?
Answer - You are not an imposter. You are an expert in your experiences. Put them in a book to help someone long after you leave this earth.
Book review Link - Click here!
Link to pre-order - Click here!
Author Page - Click here!
Comments
Post a Comment